Here you can find the sightseeings at Lake Maggiore and in Verbania
Located on the Italian-Swiss border, Lake Maggiore represents an interesting tourist resort, thanks to its mild climate and its countless attractions, from an artistic, cultural and landscape point of view, and its well known resorts on the western shores: Verbania, Stresa and Baveno.
Camping Village Isolino is situated in Verbania Fondotoce, on the western shore of Lake Maggiore, in Piedmont, in the Borromean Gulf, for this reason the climate in this area is particularly mild and sunny.
If you have decided to spend your Holidays at Lake Maggiore, you can now find here some suggestions of what you could visit:
- The wonderful Borromean Islands (Isola Bella and Madre), easily reachable by the efficient public service line (Navigazione Lago Maggiore) and the private taxi boats, from Baveno, Verbania and Stresa. There you can also buy the entrance tickets, in order to visit the palaces and amazing gardens belonging to the Borromean Family. For souvenirs and lunch we advise you Isola Pescatori.
- For nature lovers and in particular flora lovers the visit of the Botanical garden Villa Taranto is a must! You can also reach it by bus.
- If you wish to admire the lake landscape and the surrounding mountains, you should take part to the "Lago Maggiore Express": an organised trip, by train through Vigezzo Valley and Centovalli, and by boat.
- Mountain fans may choose among several excursions and resorts: Macugnaga and Monte Rosa, Toce Waterfall, Santa Maria Maggiore and Vigezzo Valley, and the national park Val Grande.
- The Mount Mottarone, which divides Lake Maggiore from Lake Orta, offers one of the most breathtaking panorama. The sight is unique: an uninterrupted 360° panorama from the Ligurian Apennines and the Maritime Alps, to the Monte Rosa massif, the Monviso and the high peaks of Switzerland, across the Po Plain, and the unequalled spectacle of seven lakes.From here, you can enjoy beautiful views as far as the Po valley, of seven surrounding Lakes and the Alps at 360°. The 1,2 km bob slide on rails named Alpyland, on the mountain top, ist the greatest fun for young and little children.
- If you would like to discover the artistic and architectonic wonders, you should visit the many churches in the district and the Holy Mountains (Sacri Monti) in Ghiffa, Orta and Domodossola.
- Take your children to the zoo park Villa Pallavicino in Stresa, or the Safari Park in Varallo Pombia, or if you love sport and adventure, Aquadventure Park in Baveno.
These are just some possibilities...we will be happy to give you further information directly at the reception desk!
We wait for you!